Tuesday 4 January 2011

2010 - The Full Stop (a Spotify playlist)

Here's my very personal impression of the 12 months that made up 2010, in the form of a 50-song Spotify playlist. If you're looking for some idea of the kind of music that makes my synapses fizz, for whatever reason, this might help.

Allo, Darlin' – If Loneliness Was Art
The Divine Comedy – The Lost Art Of Conversation
Johnny Flynn – The Water
Robyn – Dancing On My Own
Broken Bells – The High Road
MGMT – Congratulations
Vampire Weekend – White Sky
Tinie Tempah – Pass Out
The Decemberists – Down By The Water
Cee-Lo Green – Fuck You
Brandon Flowers – Crossfire
Broken Social Scene – Meet Me In The Basement
Wild Nothing – Summer Holiday
Glee Cast – Don't Stop Believin'
Aloe Blacc – I Need A Dollar
Hurts – Wonderful Life
The Joy Formidable – I Don't Want To See You Like This
Savoir Adore – We Talk Like Machines
Tame Impala – Lucidity
Kurt Wagner & Cortney Tidwell Present KORT – Incredibly Lonely
White Hinterland – Icarus
Wavves – King Of The Beach
Memory Tapes – Bicycle
Factory Floor – Lying
Efterklang – Modern Drift
Field Music – Them That Do Nothing
Thea Gilmore – You're The Radio
Diana Vickers – My Wicked Heart
Stereolab – Silver Sands
Yeasayer – O.N.E
Caitlin Rose – Shanghai Cigarettes
Gorillaz feat Mos Def and Bobby Womack – Stylo
John Grant – Silver Platter Club
The Magnetic Fields – You Must Be Out of Your Mind
Men Among Animals – Parrot Eyes
I Am Arrows – Green Grass
Caribou – Odessa
Janelle Monae – Cold War
Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
Marina And The Diamonds – Hollywood
Warpaint – Undertow
Kisses – Bermuda
Chiddy Bang – Opposite Of Adults
LCD Soundsystem – I Can Change
Panda Bear – Tomboy
Apples In Stereo – Dance Floor
Sleigh Bells – A/B Machines
Frank Turner – Try This At Home
The xx – VCR (Four Tet Remix)
Freelance Whales – Hannah

And it you're a real glutton for punishment, here's the full 150-song Spotify playlist (in alphabetical order by artist) from which I gleaned my Top 50.

Enjoy!